February 24, 2012

Runner



 You just have to love the Table Runner. It takes no time to cut and piece the fabrics and even less time to get it sewn  together and ready for quilting. Table runners use little batting and even less thread. But, they look awesome and are laid in such a significant place - the dining table. I have a hunch they are seen more than a bed quilt, since we walk by the table and/or through the dining room, many times each day. I made a table runner for Thanksgiving last year and it was such a nice addition to the "feel" of the dining table at mealtime.

I had such a good time with this one, although it might look a little dramatic, I like the natural elements. I think it has a 1970's feel to it, like it should be laid on a table beside a macrame plant hanger, you know? I had a great learning experience using the quarter circle, and, oh, I love the circles in the finished look. This design will be revisited, oh yes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Very cool. I Love it! :o)