February 1, 2012

The plan






This is my month!

Here's the plan: I am working my butt off  until February 20th, my birthday, and then I plan on opening a little Etsy shop where I can list my quilts, the quilts I have been working on since last August. I would like to open the shop with a couple of quilts listed, just for aesthetics. I'm on an unusual journey though in that the purpose of the Etsy shop is not money. It's difficult to explain and in a world where everything seems to revolve around money, it sounds (and feels) cliche to say, but it's true. I suppose the truest purpose of the Etsy shop is to move out increasing quilt inventory, so I can make more quilts. If a quilt sells, well, great! I would love to be able to pay for future supplies - I do have a severe fabric addiction I need to support.  But I am not relying on the Etsy shop to pay the rent. I just want to make quilts and have a place to show them off. I have a hunch that's the way a lot of Etsy artisans feel; they just want to do their craft, for creativity's sake.

Until then, I have uploaded a bunch of photos onto Flickr and I started a Facebook page, just for fun. Check them out, *like* the Facebook page if you want, and sink into colorful, uplifting, inspiring quilt heaven.

No comments: