February 20, 2012

36





Well today is my birthday (happy birthday, me) and today is the planned day to open my little Esty shop. Needless to say, I didn't make my goal because there is a lot left to do - more stitching, more photos to take, more figuring out the site and its nooks and crannies. I loved having this goal to work towards. I worked on some project or another during every spare minute, and I will continue to work until I'm ready to launch. I have challenged myself, learned new techniques, and - if I do say so myself - I'm making some beautiful quilts that are so well made, my obsessive perfectionism is paying off.

I am not thinking about this as a goal not met. Sometimes we fall short. The possibility of not making a goal coincides with the making of the goal in the first place. I think the best thing to do is focus on all of the progress that has been made, all of the learning that has taken place, and the experience of it all. So stay tuned, the shop will open soon, which will a very exciting day, and until then it's one joyful stitch at a time.

No comments: