January 4, 2013

Coastline Quilt

May I present to you The Coastline Quilt, which I am proud to say is complete. And let me clarify that the coastline being represented here is the Washington coast which is usually cloudy, fairly gray, studded with fishing towns, and bordered on the West by the great Pacific.







I crave the sea and the beach and this quilt was a way to - in a day-dreamy sort of way - feel like I am there. The colors are cool, dark and gray mixed with splashes of orange. I know I am not alone in the observation that with every quilt I make, I learn something new. This quilt contains my first machine binding! I had to drink a glass of red wine before attempting it, just to settle my nerves, and it turned out great, especially around the corners.




I am excited about the future quilts that lie ahead in 2013. It is an honor to participate in the first 2013 Finish It Up Friday, on the 4th day of the new year! Oh and also, I will update my Etsy shop later today. SOLD! Please do stop by.
Happy Quilting and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

roxi said...

Love your quilt! Love the west coast too!