March 31, 2012

Package



After spending the  morning with Grandma, we arrived home wet, happy, full, tired, and satisfied. My daughter found a package on the porch and asked me what it was. I said, it's a little package (my heart skipped a beat because I knew it was the fabric I had been waiting for, for this quilt).

We came inside and I removed 2 pairs of shoes, 2 coats, 1 pair of socks, 1 pair of pants, changed 1 diaper, prepared 2 juice sippy cups, and turned on Frog and Toad on audiobook...

...then (deep breath) I opened the package. It felt like Christmas morning. It has to be one of the reasons I love quilting, opening those sealed packages of buttery soft fabric, and the image of the quilt-to-be comes alive. I swoon a little, you know.  It's a special moment. It's the very beginning of a huge quilt-making process (which I love). I am standing at the foot of the mountain and feeling the climb ahead, the huge endeavor, and the uncut fabric is the trail-head.

 Well, better get my hiking boots on and start the climb. Happy quilting!

No comments: