March 2, 2012

Complete


One Game-Board design quilt, COMPLETE!





This quilt measures 45 X 46. The fabric is Sarah Jane's enchanting Children At Play (for Michael Miller), mixed with a solid color tangerine cotton and unbleached cotton (which is also the backing fabric). I ordered Sarah Jane's fabric last year in late summer, as I recall. It is a favorite of many crafters as seen on the FLICKR group page.



This quilt features a mix of free motion stitching and straight stitch quilting. I love how the straight stitch quilting shows off the space in between the Children's fabric. I'm, ahem, kinda proud of this one. Thanks for sharing this finish with me and happy quilting!

9 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

When I saw your quilt I could only say WOW! It's such a simple quilt with a huge impact! I love the idea of the orange strips around the squares, it makes the design stunning! Great job!

Go-Go Kim said...

Very cute quilt! The way the orange POPS is very cool :o)

Heather said...

That's adorable! Love that Sarah Jane, and the orange really does make it pop. Love it! :o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, too, and for your kind comment. You asked about the quilt pattern and I wanted to share the link to Marcia's instruction page for the scrappy blocks. Kind of a crazy-log-cabin block, I guess. lol http://marciascraftysewing.blogspot.com/2011/12/hodgepodge-patchwork-tuesday-scrappy.html Super quick and easy!

Shontelle said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. Really fun and modern and the skinny orange border really makes it pop! Have a great weekend!

Cutie and Company Quilts said...

Oh thank you, Heather! Fantastic info, I'm a log cabin a-holic :)

kathi said...

I'm continually dazzled by your whimsical artisticness and LOVE this blog...you GO girl! kat

Sweet Woodruff said...

Really wonderful. Love the fabrics. I need to buy some of that.

Sarah Craig said...

Oooh, this one's nice too! I love the addition of the narrow borders to each block. Whoop whoop!!

ScissorsandThread said...

I popped over after you visited my blog thanks! Love this quilt. Fab design and fabric.