October 10, 2012

A work in progress - Sleepy Morning Farmhouse Quilt

Somewhere among watching toys play (Mama, watch this!), preparing snack, snack and more snack, thousands of loads of laundry, cutting up apples, cleaning for days on end, and wondering how I still function at all....I have managed to get this beauty to the last stage before completion!




This is the quilt top, which was pieced awhile ago (above).  
 ---------------------------------------------
These are pictures of the quilting (below). I chose criss-cross stitching on the red and yellow chain and simple straight stitching outlining the center blocks.




This quilt is an experiment with new and old. The novelty fabric is freshly modern, not to mention the eye popping red and yellow Irish Chain design. And mixed in is natural unbleached cotton, which (I hope) adds an antique or old fashioned feel. I call this quilt "The Sleepy Morning Farmhouse Quilt." My goal is to have a post announcing its completion this weekend.

I linked up to  WIP at Freshly pieced
 Happy quilting everyone!

3 comments:

Tessa @ TheSewingChick said...

What a cheery quilt! It may be a sleepy morning, but I would enjoy waking up to that every day! Lovely job on the quilting, too :)

Stacey Napier said...

I love the mix of old and new - great quilt! Also love your little doll quilts in the previous post - those little pinwheels might have sent me over the edge :)

laura west kong said...

So cute! I just love the colors!