February 10, 2014

A Star Wars Portraiture Quilt




Last September a new tradition began in our family, taking my daughter to the bus stop each morning to catch the bus to Kindergarten. She goes to a K-6th grade elementary so some of the other kids at the bus stop are older, 4 older boys and 1 older girl in total. The older boys are extremely ruckus! It's like walking into a laser tag game every morning. You have to dodge flying pine cones and sticks become loaded weapons.  What surprises me is that Star Wars seems to be one of the the main inspirations behind their gaming antics. Star Wars is, what, 40 years old and all of the kids know it, some kids know it backwards and forwards, and they still do the Darth Vader breathing sound with menacing, "Luke...I am your Father." I can't believe it! So, every morning I see this Galactic action play out and I can't help but feel affirmed in my choice of fabrics and their lasting popularity...and I wish I could take this quilt down to the bus stop to show them. I just can't risk a light saber cauterizing through it, you know?  







I used The Force and listed this quilt in my Etsy Shop, free US shipping and discounted shipping for any Galaxy far, far away. Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Kat said...

I love this! The fabrics are so cool, not at all cheesy-looking like licensed fabrics sometimes are. Nice quilting, too.

Georgi said...

Oh my gosh! My daughter and her hubby would love this Star Wars quilt (they used light sabers in their wedding photos LOL). Keeping this in mind for "someday"!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Great quilt! I made a Star Wars themed quilt for a little buddy of mine (sounds like one of the kids at the bus stop) and he love, love, loves it!

Cutie and Company Quilts said...

Thank you so much! I am really excited about how this quilt turned out. It's is clean and stylish yet whimsical and artsy. The Star Wars characters are cut from a panel from the licensed Star Wars line by Camelot Fabrics, still available at fabric.com. Happy Quilting!