December 30, 2013

2013, In Retrospect

I asked my self recently, "How did I survive 2013?" What a year, and I am glad it is coming to a close. Through the ups and downs of this year my creative space and the time I spent quilting was a source of peaceful escape. Making a quilt was, at times, the only thing I felt like I had control over. I find that creating quilts is predictable (in a good way) which is something life in general, at times, just can't offer. So to sit down and sew or spend time cutting and piecing became a welcome space where there were no surprises. My creative space became a place where I could take a deep breath and decompress. 

 These are the quilts that got me through:

A Custom 1980s themed Plus Plus Quilt


A Scottie Value Diamond Quilt

 
 a custom project to make 50 Porcelain Doll Carriers


  Southern Vintage Star Quilt

  

The Up Up and Away Quilt


 Two Whole Cloth Quilts-


And a...
 (I just realized that I am finishing the year the way I started it by making another)
...1980s/Star Wars quilt
This was also a big year for the business side of my quilts, which I feel extremely fortunate to say. Many quilts sold and two were donated to auctions in order to help organizations raise money. I am overjoyed to think of my quilts in other peoples' homes and my original idea still remains that quilts are useful, beautiful art and life is way better under a quilt. 

Happy New Year and Happy Quilting!

No comments: