November 21, 2013

Peppermint Quilt top

If you were to ask me about quilts, I would insist we brew a pot of tea and chat. I have SO much to say. Quilting represents so much for me - artistic expression, a way to relax, a journey of self discovery, buttery fabric-play, and a way to be around beauty. A finished quilt is a beautiful thing. So beautiful in fact I want to stand on my roof and scream out, "Quilts are beautiful! I want to make everyone a quilt!" I really feel like I found something extraordinary and I want to share it with everyone. 


I have been making quilts for others and quilts to share for some time now. I watch the faces of my family look longinly as one lovely quilt after another is made...and sent away, bound for someone else's home. Well, I am keeping this one! This one is for us. My family. It's a peppermint quilt because they are so sweet ;)

  
Kids, don't lick it.

No comments: