June 25, 2013

Refreshed

I have been working on a new quilt and every very time I walk into my work space lately I think, "Man, I love my job." 


It's no secret that the beginning of this year was tough. Since January 1st 2013, our family has lost 4 wonderful people, and we lost a dear Grandpa last August. All of those who passed away were our elders, the wise ones of our family. The rest of us are left cherishing their memories and trying to navigate how to move forward. The beginning of this year was a mournful time and a reflective time. 

So honoring simplicity, all I will say is this - I need this quilt. I need these bright colors. I need these jazzy patterns. 


I need this little chipmunk. 

 I need a Renaissance of summertime hues. I need to be doing this work. I feel refreshed.

No comments: