May 13, 2013

The light at the end...

I am seeing the light at the end of a very long path. I am finishing the last 5 porcelain doll wrappers, which brings the final count to 51. 51! I made 51 of these total, reality check, and pictured below is 22 of them.


As I look back on this project, I am amazed at how I was able to manage my time so well. Despite the nail biting, I was ahead of schedule during most of the project. I also learned a lot about my capacity for pushing myself and working hard, harder than I ever have making quilts at my own pace. This project also offered me the chance to work with different fabrics like silk and Swiss batiste and I can safely say I am looking forward to returning to good old high quality quilting cotton, no offense silk.

These will be mailed out in the next couple of days. After they are sent, I will pause, maybe for 24 hours, take a breath, have a glass of wine, change the blade on my rotary cutter, and begin cutting into some jazzy, 80s fabrics. This  next quilt has played a big roll during the last project because it has been my carrot, reminding me that once the last stitch has been completed on #51, I can go back to what I love: sewing cotton squares together. Also known as my Happy Place.

No comments: